Goods In Transit Insurance Policy In Tanzania | Britam - Tanzania
Theft - Goods In Transit Banner
Theft - Goods In Transit Content
Goods in Transit
What is Goods in Transit insurance?
Goods in Transit insurance is a policy that cover for loss or damage to various types of goods while in transit by road, rail or any inland waterway within the geographical area set out in the policy.
What Is Covered By Goods In Transit Insurance?
- Open Cover where an indication is made of the total number of transits anticipated during the year. This estimation will be subject to actual transits that will be declared.
- Specific Cover which covers particular consignments which have been declared before the actual transit.
What are the Perils covered?
The cover provided includes reimbursement for loss resulting from:
- A goods in transit insurance policy will protect you from:
- Theft while in transit
- Damage caused by accidents during transit
- Loss during transit
- Damage caused during transit
- Breakage of Bridges.
- Collision with or by the Carrying Vehicle.
- Over-turning of the Vehicle.
- Derailment or accidents of like nature to the wagon.
Who Should Buy A Goods In Transit Insurance Policy?
This type of insurance is important for any business that transports goods as part of its operations.